|New York State Senate District 55|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$172/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, O'Brien served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business|
|• Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation|
|• Local Government|
O'Brien highlighted the following as his priorities:
- "End taxpayer subsidies for corporations that outsource jobs overseas."
- "Fight to lower property taxes so middle class families can afford to live in our communities."
- "Pass the New York Fair Pay Act so that women and men who do the same job receive the same pay."
- "Raise the minimum wage so that hardworking families have a better quality of life and more cash to spend in local businesses."
- "Provide incentives for small businesses that create good, local jobs."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
O'Brien ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 55. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. O'Brien defeated Sean T. Hanna (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 55, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Ted O'Brien is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Ted O'Brien raised a total of $545,640 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Ted O'Brien's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Senate, District 55||$545,640|
|Grand Total Raised||$545,640|
2012Ted O'Brien won election to the New York State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Ted O'Brien raised a total of $545,640.
|New York State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ted O'Brien's campaign in 2012|
|Democratic Senate Campaign Cmte of New York||$243,000|
|Rochester Regional Joint Board Unite Here!||$10,300|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$10,300|
|New York State United Teachers||$10,300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$545,640|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ted + O'Brien + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Profile from the New York State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
James Alesi (R)
|New York Senate District 55
| Succeeded by|