|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 24|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2012|
|High school||Logan High School|
|Birthday||February 2, 1971|
|Place of birth||Logan, WV|
Tomblin is an insurance agent. He graduated from Marshall University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tomblin served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Joint Education|
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 24 is represented by two delegates. District 24 is represented by two delegates. Incumbent Rupert Phillips, Jr. and Ralph Rodighiero defeated incumbent Ted Tomblin and David Graham in the Democratic primary. Gloria Meadows was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rodighiero, Phillips, Meadows and Larry Rogers (I) will face off in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Rupert Phillips, Jr. Incumbent||27.7%||2,125|
|Ted Tomblin Incumbent||27%||2,069|
Tomblin ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 24. Tomblin and incumbent Rupert "Rupie" Phillips, Jr. defeated Harry Freeman, Lidella Wilson Hrutkay, Larry E. Rogers, Chris Stratton, and Joe White in the May 8 primary election. Tomblin and Phillips were unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Tomblin is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Tomblin raised a total of $46,650 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 26, 2013.
|Ted Tomblin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 24||$17,000|
|2010||West Virginia State House, District 19||$16,850|
|2008||West Virginia State House, District 19||$12,800|
|Grand Total Raised||$46,650|
2012Tomblin won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Tomblin raised a total of $17,000.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ted Tomblin's campaign in 2012|
|Tomblin, Teddy (Ted)||$6,250|
|West Virginia AFL-CIO||$1,000|
|Abraham, Richard H||$1,000|
|Tomblin, Jackie Sue||$1,000|
|Abraham, Brenda L||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$17,000|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Tomblin lost the election for the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2010. During that election cycle, Tomblin raised a total of $16,850.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ted Tomblin's campaign in 2010|
|Tomblin, Teddy (Ted)||$15,100|
|Farley, Bill & Peggy||$350|
|Lincoln County Democratic Cmte||$350|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$300|
|Contractors Association of West Virginia||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,850|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Tomblin lost the election for the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2008. During that election cycle, Tomblin raised a total of $12,800.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ted Tomblin's campaign in 2008|
|Tomblin, Teddy (Ted)||$11,250|
|Thornhill, W L||$250|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$200|
|Tomblin, Thomas A||$200|
|Total Raised in 2008||$12,800|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tomblin and his wife, Lee, have three children; Christopher, Olivia, and T.J.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
- Regenerate WV - House only
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against Regenerate WV's position.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on lawsuit-related legislation.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the Water Resources Protection Act and its amendments.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ted + Tomblin + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Representatives
- West Virginia House of Delegates Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Delegate Office Website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Ted Tomblin on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- West Virginia State Legislature, "Delegate Tomblin," accessed April 24, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Tomblin, Teddy (Ted)," accessed July 26, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |