Tekonsha School District Bond Measure (November 2011)
This measure was defeated
- YES 232 (38.4%)
- NO 372 (61.6%)
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $4 million in order to pay for a new field house, remodel current school buildings, update technology and pay for general improvements in the district as needed. If this had been approved, an additional $3.70 per $1,000 of assessed property value would have been added to the current district property taxes. School officials noted that the upgrades would benefit everyone and they were needed in the school district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Shall Tekonsha Community Schools, Calhoun and Branch Counties, Michigan, borrow the sum of not to exceed Three Million Nine Hundred Ninety-Five Thousand Dollars ($3,995,000) and issue its general obligation unlimited tax bonds therefore, for the purpose of: erecting, furnishing and equipping a new field house; remodeling school buildings; erecting athletic bleachers and lighting; acquiring and installing technology for a school building; and developing and improving sites?|
- Battle Creek Inquirer, "Tekonsha voters reject $4M bond, Bronson school board incumbents win," November 9, 2011
- Michigan Treasury Department, School Bond Information
- Battle Creek Enquirer, "Tekonsha schools seek $4M bond," September 25, 2011
- Calhoun County Elections, November Proposals
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |