Template:AL HD104 2014s
Margie Wilcox (R) defeated Stephen P. Carr, II (D) in the special election, which took place on February 4. Carr was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Susan Hightower, Margie Wilcox, Ralph Carmichael, Nathan Davis and Charlie Plyler faced off in the Republican primary. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Wilcox and Hightower - met in the Republican primary runoff on December 3, 2013, which Wilcox won.
A special election for the position of Alabama House of Representatives District 104 was initially called for December 3, 2013, with a primary on October 15, 2013. Because a runoff on December 3, 2013, was needed, the special election was scheduled to take place on January 28, 2014, instead. Due to inclement weather, the election was pushed back a week to February 4.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 104, Special Election, 2014|
|Republican||Stephen P. Carr, II||9.5%||307|
- Official special election results submitted to Ballotpedia by Brandon Walters from the Alabama Secretary of State's Office on May 7, 2014
- al.com, "Hightower, Wilcox to face off in GOP primary for state House seat (updated, photos)," October 15, 2013
- therepublic.com, "Wilcox defeats Hightower in Alabama House District 104 runoff," December 3, 2013
- timesdaily.com, " Special elections set for Ala. House districts," August 8, 2013 (dead link)
- al.com, "Citing inclement weather forecast, governor delays special election set for Mobile House seat," January 27, 2014