- 7th Congressional District
- Freshman Rep. Ami Bera (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 elections.
- 10th Congressional District
- Rep. Jeff Denham (R) faced a tight re-election in California's newly re-drawn districts. Denham filed a "Statement of Intention" to run for Lieutenant Governor of California. If he does so, the district will face an even closer election if it becomes an open seat.
- 21st Congressional District
- Freshman Rep. David Valadao (R) won a decisive election in 2012. However, the newly drawn 21st district is not a safe Republican seat. If a strong Democratic candidate is victorious in the blanket primary, Valadao could face a much tougher re-election campaign.
- 36th Congressional District
- After defeating incumbent Mary Bono Mack in 2012, freshman Rep. Raul Ruiz (D) is ranked as one of the most vulnerable incumbents in 2014 by The Washington Post.