Template:Illinois budget process
- In September of the year preceding the start of the new fiscal year, the governor sends budget instructions to state agencies.
- In October and November agencies submit their budget requests to the governor.
- Agency hearings are held in November and December.
- Budget hearings with the public are held from February through May.
- On the third Wednesday in February, the governor submits his or her proposed budget to the Illinois State Legislature.
- The State Legislature passes a budget in May.