Template:NY SD46 2014
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
The New York State Senate was a battleground chamber that Ballotpedia identified as having the opportunity to switch partisan control in 2014. The New York Senate had a difference in partisan balance between Democrats and Republican of three seats, or 4.8 percent of the chamber. District 46 in the Senate was identified by Ballotpedia and WAMC Northeast Public Radio as a battleground district that could determine control of the New York State Senate. In this district, incumbent Cecilia Tkaczyk (D) was defeated by former state senator George Amedore (R) in a rematch of 2012. In 2012, the official results deemed Amedore the winner, but county election officials opened 91 new ballots in January 2013 which eventually gave Tkaczyk an 18 vote lead.
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Senate Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- WAMC.org, "Senate 46th: Amedore, Tkaczyk Debate In Kingston," accessed September 26, 2014