- This is the format for categories of election candidates in state legislatures.
The following is the basic text to paste:
Then, parameters are filled in and completed as the election goes along. An example of a basic, state senate challenger:
A state senate candidate who lost a primary:
Here is the template with all possible parameters:
Parameters and extra categories
- Year= Year of the election
- Status= incumbent or challenger
- Chamber= State Senate or House of Representatives
- Y to indicate running in a primary.
- L to indicate defeated in a primary
- W to indicate winner in a primary
- Y to indicate running in a general election.
- L to indicate defeated in a general election
- W to indicate winner in a general election
- Unopposed=Y if facing no major party opposition in a general election
- Unopposedboth=Y if facing no primary or general election at all
- Open=Y if incumbent is not running in general election
- YS if state senate incumbent is running in a different district because of redistricting.
- YH if state house incumbent is running in a different district because of redistricting.
- 2Incs=Y if there are multiple incumbents facing off in either a district primary or general election