|Vermont House Of Representatives, Windsor 4-1|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||July 20, 2011|
|Profession||Special education program assistant/Filmmaker|
Zagar was born in the Yugoslav Republic of Slovenia but immigrated to the United States in 1985. He graduated from Woodstock High School and Hampshire College. Zagar has worked as a documentary filmmaker and currently works as a special education program assistant for Woodstock High School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zagar served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Forest Products|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbent Teo Zagar is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Scott Woodward is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Zagar won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Windsor 4-1. Zagar was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Zagar is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zagar raised a total of $4,127 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Teo Zagar's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Windsor-4-1||$4,127|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,127|
2012Zagar won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zagar raised a total of $4,127.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Teo Zagar's campaign in 2012|
|Advanced Heating Technologies||$500|
|Andersen, Steve & Janet||$250|
|Green, David & Edwards, Margaret||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,127|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Zagar voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Teo + Zagar + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile the International Movie Database
- Valley News, "Filling A Seat," July 21, 2011
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Zagar, Teo," accessed September 24, 2013
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013