|Illinois House of Representatives, District 115|
|January 14, 2015 - Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||Public Service Administrator at the Pinckneyville Correctional Center|
Bryant's professional experience includes working as an employee for the Illinois Department of Corrections since 1994 and as the former owner/operator of Bluebell Restaurant.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bryant served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Appropriations-Public Safety|
|• Intermodal Infrastructure|
|• Judiciary - Criminal|
|• Juvenile Justice & System-Involved|
|• Tourism & Conventions|
|• Youth & Young Adults|
On her campaign website, Bryant highlighted her following beliefs:
- Power is given to government by the people not given from the government to the people.
- Economic growth comes from entrepreneurialism not the government.
- Lower taxes promote greater economic growth.
- What you earn is yours to keep unless you choose to give it away.
- The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms for personal protection and recreation.
- Respect for family, hard work, integrity and honor are the corner stone of good government.
- Life has value from conception to natural death.
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. William "Bill" Kilquist defeated Tony Mayville in the Democratic primary, while Terri Bryant defeated Robert "Bob" White in the Republican primary. Bryant then defeated Kilquist in the general election. Gary Shepherd (G) filed to run but was removed from the ballot following an objection.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 115, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||William "Bill" Kilquist||38.9%||13,649|
|Green||Gary Shepherd (write-in)||0.3%||106|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 115 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|William "Bill" Kilquist||59.2%||4,052|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 115 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Robert "Bob" White||34.7%||3,186|
In 2014, Bryant's endorsements included the following:
- The Illinois Observer
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Bryant and her husband, Rick, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Terri + Bryant + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois House of Representatives
- Illinois House Committees
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Profile from the Illinois House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Terri Bryant on Facebook
- Official campaign website, "About Terri Bryant," accessed February 20, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Beliefs," accessed February 20, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
- www.illinoisobserver.net, "Illinois House and Senate 2014 Primary Endorsements Part II,” accessed February 19, 2014
Mike Bost (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |