|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||October 12, 1968|
|Place of birth||Oak Harbor, Washington|
Holcomb's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Life is the very bases (sic) for all human government. Proper and legitimate Government will and must guarantee the right to life from conception until death."
- "As a husband and father of seven, I believe God’s Word, Nature, History and Reason demands marriage to be only one man and one woman. Government should not be involved in the marriage question."
Pro-Second Amendment and Constitutional Government
- Excerpt: "The Second Amendment guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms. I have and will actively support Open carry, Campus carry or any bills that secures the rights of Texans guaranteed by the Texas and U. S. Constitutions to keep and bear arms."
- Excerpt: "Take the steps now:
1. Secure the border
2. Stop all types and forms of welfare to illegals. This would possibly fix 60% to 70% of the problem because without government money many illegals would find a way to go home.
3. The remainder 30% would in time be exposed and shipped home. With the border secure and no money, the possibility of illegals getting back into Texas would be lessened considerably."
Budget, Taxes and Limited Government
- Excerpt: "I support a common sense approach of zero-based budgeting. This means that each Legislative session should begin at zero instead of starting with the last terms spending budget. Using the principle of needs creates proper budgets that open the possibility of affordable wants."
- Excerpt: "I believe the parents and the family have the right to choose where and what kind of education their children receive. I am for returning the education of the children back to their lawful authority, which is the family and return the individual’s money that was taken from them through taxation. Government should have no authority in education. A transition plan from public education to private education would accomplish better schools, better teacher’s salaries, and a better education for the children. Non-profit private schools will be able to help those who do not have the funds to properly educate their children."
Property Tax and private property rights
- Excerpt: "The State Republican Party platform calls for abolishing the property tax. I support the party platform that honors the right to own private property. Abolishing property tax would return the right of ownership back to the individual and cause the money to be in the pockets of the people. Expanding the tax burden to all consumers through some type of a consumption tax would be one possible way to replace the property Tax. There are other options. Reducing the size and scope of government would greatly lower the tax burden."
- Excerpt: "I will work with any who approach seeming water problems with common sense reasoning and not with panic talk of potential future problems that require State regulations."
- Excerpt: "Social health care and welfare issues should be in the hands of the Churches and benevolent people[,] not the government."
Independence of Texas
- Excerpt: "Taking dollars from Texans and returning some of them through COGS has always been wrong and is still wrong regardless of what the economic theorists teach. The money should remain in the State and the people in each local area decide how to spend it."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent John Otto defeated Terry Holcomb in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Terry + Holcomb + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Terry Holcomb on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from The Texas Tribune
- Texas Secretary of State
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- Terry Holcomb Campaign, "Issues," accessed February 19, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |