|Virginia House of Delegates District 1|
|1994 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Place of birth||Kingsport, TN|
Kilgore is an attorney by trade. He has worked with Wolfe & Farmer since 2000, and prior to that had his own Kilgore Law Office from 1987-2000. Kilgore is also an adjunct faculty member of the Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
In the 2012-2013 session, Kilgore served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Kilgore served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy, Chair
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
Candidate survey responses
Kilgore's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 1999 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides a candidate's views on a number of major issues. Kilgore did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- HB 1632 Retirement System; adds full-time employees of Va. Municipal League & Va. Association of Counties.
- HB 1761 Security for Public Deposits Act; establish guidleines to permit banks to withdraw from procedures.
- HB 2261 Consumer Protection Act; foreclosure rescues.
- HB 2645 Tobacco products tax; changes tax on moist snuff.
Kilgore won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 1. Kilgore ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican primary. He was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
On November 3, 2009, Kilgore won re-election to the 1st District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Kilgore raised $281,987 for his campaign.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 1 (2009)|
|Terry Kilgore (R)||12,957||99.3%|
In 2011, Kilgore received $402,599 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Terry Kilgore's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$25,220|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$20,000|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$402,599|
The top five donors to Kilgore's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bank PAC||$13,000|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers PAC||$11,000|
Kilgore and his wife, Debbie, have two children, Kayla and Kyle. He lives in Gate City, VA.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Terry + Kilgore + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Kilgore
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Virginia Public Access Project - Rep. Kilgore profile
- Terry Kilgore on Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kilgore
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kilgore Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Elections History: Terry Kilgore
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
- Project Vote Smart, "Terry Kilgore - Biography," accessed August 27, 2013
|Virginia House of Delegates District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |