Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
|Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$212,749,100|
|Length of term:||4 years|
|Authority:||Texas Constitution, Article 4|
|Next election:||November 4, 2014|
|Last election:||November 2, 2010|
|Other Texas Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Comptroller • Auditor • Education Commissioner • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Land Commissioner • Workforce Commission • Public Utility Commission • Railroad Commission|
|The Executive Department of the State shall consist of a Governor, who shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the State, a Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Comptroller of Public Accounts, Commissioner of the General Land Office, and Attorney General.|
There are no specific qualifications for this position.
- Property Tax Assistance Division:
The Property Tax Assistance Division (PTAD) conducts and publishes a biennial property value study (PVS), of all school districts and county appraisal districts.
- Criminal Investigation Division:
The Criminal Investigation Division is to deter intentional criminal conduct against the state tax laws administered by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Strategic Sourcing Divison:
The Strategic Sourcing and Contract Monitoring Division employs sound and tested business methodologies to establish enterprise contracts that result in increased quality and service; reduced total cost of goods and services; improved relationships with contracted vendors; simplification of the requisition-through-payment process.
The Comptroller is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the state. The office of Comptroller pays bills, writes checks, and manages the books for the multi-billion dollar business of Texas state government.
- Taxes-The Texas Comptroller's office serves the state by collecting more than 60 separate taxes, fees and assessments 
- Education-The Comptroller's office administers the state's 529 plans and promotes local economic growth by identifying and fostering work force development initiatives across the state.
- Revenue Estimates-The Comptrollers office produces the Biennial Revenue Estimate (BRE) before each session of the Texas Legislature. The report gives the Legislature a formal estimate of future available funds so that a budget may be made. The most recent BRE was published in 2011.
The State Controller is elected every four years to a four-year term.
To view the electoral history dating back to 2002 for the office of Texas Comptroller, Click [show] to expand the section.
The budget for the Comptroller of Public Accounts in Fiscal Year 2013 was $ 212,749,100.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2010, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts was paid $150,000 according to the Texas Tribune.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Texas + Comptroller
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Crowded field of candidates in Texas comptroller race stress experience - LubbockOnline.com
- For Hilderbran for Texas comptroller - Houston Chronicle
- Glenn Hegar Aims To Streamline Texas Comptroller's Office If Elected [AUDIO] - News/Talk 790 KFYO
- Editorial: We recommend Hegar in GOP race for Texas comptroller - Dallas Morning News
- PRIMARIES: Hegar wants transparency in Texas comptroller's office - Your Houston News
- 'We need a revolution in water technology,' Texas comptroller says - Fort Worth Star Telegram
- Sen. Hegar pledges to bring transparency to Texas comptroller's office if elected - Your Houston News
- Comptroller Hopefuls Tout Reviving Clinton-Era Reviews - Texas Tribune
- Sen. Hegar wants to bring transparency to Texas comptroller's office if elected - Your Houston News
- Texas Comptroller plans to support state-funded universities research - Focusdailynews
PO Box 13528, Capitol Station
Austin, Texas 78711-3528
- Phone: 1-800-531-5441
- Susan Combs
- Texas Governor Rick Perry
- Lieutenant Governor of Texas
- Attorney General of Texas
- Texas Secretary of State
- Office of the Texas Comptroller
- 2011 BRE
- Legislative Reference Library of Texas , "General Appropriations Act for the 2012-2013 Biennium," accessed April 6, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," January 28, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, Government Sallaries