|Alabama House of Representatives District 76|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University, 1966|
|Master's||Auburn University, Montgomery, 1975|
|Birthday||October 22, 1942|
|Place of birth||Beatrice, AL|
McClammy currently works as the national financial secretary for Tots and Teens, Inc., and is the owner of Capitol Realty. He previously served as president of Trenholm State Technical College and as a real estate broker.
McClammy served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Services (Financial Services)
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Thad McClammy will face Maurice Rollins and Tracy Larkin in the Democratic primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 76 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Thad McClammy (D)||3,036|
|Maurice Rollins (D)||1,670|
McClammy raised $27,891 for his campaign.
In 2010, McClammy raised $167,351 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$15,208|
|Capitol City Travel Center||$12,000|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, McClammy collected $27,891 in donations.
Below are McClammy's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Fund for Alabama's Children & Education||$4,116|
|Fight Back for Justice Fund||$2,500|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
McClammy is a widower and has two children.
McClammy is a member of the Alabama Education Association, Iota Lambda Sigma, Montgomery Democratic Club, Montgomery Lion's Club, National Education Association, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Incorporated, Southern Placement Council, Cosmospolital Civic Club, and the Kershaw Young Men's Christian Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thad + McClammy + Alabama + House" Thad McClammy News Feed
- Legislature's judiciary committees hear from local victims - Daily Mountain Eagle
- Republican . Greg Wren won't seek re-election to Alabama House - Montgomery Advertiser
- Alabama Legislature - Thad McClammy
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Democratic primary results and runoff candidates
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McClammy
|Alabama House District 76
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|