The "My Government Website" Project
Note: The factual accuracy of this article may be compromised due to out-of-date information. Please update the article to reflect recent events and remove this template when finished.
Template:Sunshine Review Project
That'll take awhile.
To give a sense of the scope of the project, there are 3,140 counties in the United States. If each county has a website, that's 3,140 websites to look at, and there are at least 10 types of basic information each website should include. Altogether, to learn comprehensively what kind of information county websites do or don't provide, there are 31,400 separate pieces of information to look for and then write about on Sunshine Review (ten for each county website).
However, in the meantime, each evaluation of one single website is important, if it's the website for your city, county or school district.
- My Government Website: Number of counties. 3,140.
- My Government Website: Number of school districts. We'll report how many school districts there are across the country when we know, by state.
- My Government Website: Number of cities. We'll start with cities over 20,000.
- My Government Website: State agencies.
Keeping track of progress
- Progress reports is where Sunshine Review users can keep track of progress. There are lots of ways to help.
- Check out working for accountable government now for more ideas.