The Committee of Seventy
|The Committee of Seventy|
The mission statement of the association is:
|“||The Committee of Seventy fights for clean and effective government, fair elections and a better informed citizenry in Philadelphia and the region.
The Committee of Seventy has been called a "government watchdog," "the elections people" and a "think tank." In fact, we are all of these and much more.
Seventy fights for more effective and efficient government, fair elections and an honest political culture. We try to raise public awareness about complex issues in commonsense language that non-experts can relate to.
We are willing to stand alone on tough issues or collaborate with likeminded organizations, make noise to call attention to reform opportunities or work quietly behind-the-scenes. Seventy uses its voice and influence to help provoke debate and affect real change.
Our goal is not just good government for its own sake, but fundamental change that will lead to our region's growth. 
—The Committee of Seventy, About the Mission
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Committee + of + Seventy"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Committee of Seventy website
- Committee of Seventy on Facebook
- Committee of Seventy on Twitter
- The History of the Committee of Seventy
- Committee of Seventy, "About Us - History," accessed March 19, 2014
- Committee of Seventy, "About us - the Mission," accessed March 19, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.