Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 23B|
Wilson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
I will be your advocate for collaborating to improve our school system by:
1. Offering competitive salaries to attract the best and brightest teachers to our schools.
1. My role as your representative will be to hold this industry, developers, and my colleagues accountable and to propose and support legislation that will spur economic growth and opportunities for local, minority, and small businesses.
Health and Wellness
Statistic shows that **Prince George’s County residents are more likely to be overweight or obese than those in the District, the State of Maryland, Baltimore, Montgomery and Howard Counties. The leading causes are contributed to adverse health choices that lead to preventable risk factors, such as cardiovascular disease which is the leading cause of death in Prince George’s County. With 71% of all restaurants in Prince George’s County offering fast food; fewer walkable/bike trails; and little to no countywide public health education, I will work hard to advocate for:
1. Healthier food choices in our communities;
Additionally, I believe it is vital to advocate for the adoption of policies in our schools that will promote a healthier and safer physical, and emotional environment overall for our students and school environment as a whole.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Joseph F. Vallario, Jr. and Marvin E. Holmes, Jr. defeated Reginald Tyer, Jr., Ron Watson and Thea Wilson in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Mike Hethmon was unopposed in the Republican primary. Robin Breedon (I) was excluded from the ballot for not meeting petition requirements.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thea + Wilson + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House of Delegates District 23B
- Maryland House of Delegates elections, 2014
- Maryland State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Thea Wilson on Facebook
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List - House of Delegates," accessed May 9, 2014
- Friends of Thea Wilson, "Issues," accessed June 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |