Thomas "Action" Jackson
|Alabama House of Representatives District 68|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Knoxville College, 1972|
|Associate's||Selma University, 1970|
|Master's||Alabama State University, 1977|
|Birthday||August 24, 1949|
|Place of birth||Thomasville, AL|
|Religion||African Methodist Episcopal|
Jackson currently serves as an associate pastor at the Church of God in Christ and the director of the Upward Bound Program at Alabama Southern Community College.
Jackson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Boards, Agencies and Commissions Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Agency and Commission Issues
- Subcommittee on K-12
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Thomas Jackson is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 68 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Thomas "Action" Jackson (D)||5,484|
|Thomas Jackson (D)||2,786|
Jackson raised $70,628 for his campaign.
In 2010, Jackson raised $16,196 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
In 2006, Jackson collected $70,628 in donations.
Below are Jackson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$4,000|
|AL Wholesale Beer Assoc||$2,500|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$2,500|
Jackson and his wife, Dorothy, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Thomas + Jackson + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Thomas Jackson
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Thomas Jackson on Facebook
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Democratic primary results and runoff candidates
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jackson
|Alabama House District 68
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|