Thomas Anderson, Florida Representative
|Florida House of Representatives District 45|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Anderson currently works as a management consultant and businessman. He has previously served as President of the Home Improvement Construction Corporation, in the United States Navy, and as Director of Senior Executive Service in the Department of Defense/Department of Energy.
He is a member of Friends of Library, Humane Society of North Pinellas, Pasco-Elfers Senior Center Advisory Board, Rotary Club of Dunedin, and West Pasco Chamber of Commerce.
Anderson did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Elder & Family Services Policy Committee (Chair)
- Governmental Affairs Policy Committee
- Health Care Appropriations Committee
- Health & Family Services Policy Council
Anderson's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 235 - "Women's Health: Requires DOH to create pilot program in Pasco, Duval, & Miami-Dade Counties to provide health screening for certain women"
- HB 301 - "Elections: Requires supervisor of elections to be elected in nonpartisan election & amends ballot provisions accordingly; adds supervisor of elections to list of nonpartisan offices; prohibits political parties or partisan political organizations from endorsing, supporting, or assisting candidates in supervisor of election campaigns & provides second-degree misdemeanor penalty for knowingly violating those provisions"
- HB 749 - "Public Records and Meetings/DOEA/Direct-Support Organization Donors: Provides exemption from public records requirements for information concerning certain donors & prospective donors to direct-support organization of DOEA"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site
Below are Anderson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Preferred Care Partners||$1,000|
|Bright House Networks||$1,000|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Thomas Anderson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Florida
- The Suncoast News, "Veteran legislator keeps busy as retirement looms," February 17, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Anderson Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Anderson Issue Positions
- District 45 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |