|Running for Massachusetts Treasurer|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Thirteenth Middlesex|
|2007 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$10 - $100/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Boston University and Johns Hopkins University|
|Profession||Risk Management Consultant|
Conroy's professional experience includes working for the U.S. State Department as a Manager of the Refugee Resettlement Program, as a speechwriter for Senator Gary Hart, assistant to Senator Barbara Mikulski, and a Risk Management Consultant for Marsh, Incorporated.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conroy served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Labor and Workforce Development Joint, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Conroy served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Community Development and Small Business Joint|
|• Health Care Financing Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Higher Education Joint|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Conroy served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Ways and Means|
|• State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint|
Conroy is running for election to the office of Massachusetts Treasurer. Conroy is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on September 16, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Conroy won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Thirteenth Middlesex District. Conroy defeated Steven Hakar in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Thirteenth Middlesex District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Thomas Conroy Incumbent||88.8%||1,951|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Thirteen District (2010)|
|Thomas Conroy (D)||11,896|
On November 4, 2008, Conroy won re-election in the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Thirteenth Middlesex district. In this election he raised $58,126; of that total $52,821 (90.9%) was from in state contributions and $5,303 (9.1%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Thirteenth Middlesex district|
|Thomas Conroy (D)||12,225|
|Susan Pope (R)||8,539|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Conroy received $6,356 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Conroy's campaign in 2010|
|Barclay Iii, William||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$6,356|
Conroy raised $58,126 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts Democratic Party||$2,000|
|Bennett Realty Trust||$750|
|17 different donors||$500|
Conroy has been a member of the Sabre Foundation and Wayland Youth Soccer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Thomas + Conroy + Massachusetts + Treasurer
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Conroy's website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Tom Conroy on LinkedIn
- Tom Conroy for Treasurer 2014 Official campaign website
- Boston.com State Representative Tom Conroy to announce campaign for state treasurer Thursday, January 9, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Conroy
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 13
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |