|New York Senate District 29|
|1999 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Birthday||January 30, 1955|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Duane was Senior Vice President/Broker of James J. Duane and Company Investment Bankers 1982 to 1989.
He then worked as Manhattan Liaison for the New York City Comptroller from 1990 to 1991. Duane earned his B.A. in Urban Studies/American Studies from Lehigh University in 1977.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Duane served on these committees:
- Children and Families
- Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation
- Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Duane served on these committees:
- Codes Committee, New York State Senate
- Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Senate
- Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
- Social Services Committee, New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Duane announced on June 3, 2012 that he would not be seeking re-election to the New York State Senate. He cited the travel between his home and Albany as one reason for his departure from office. Duane also added that he has no future plans to run for public office or become a lobbyist.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 29 (2010)|
|Thomas Duane (D)||71,645|
|Joseph Mendola (R)||12,475|
On November 4, 2008 Thomas Duane won the election for New York State Senate, District 29 with 114,103 votes.
Duane raised $391,374 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 29 (2008)|
|Thomas Duane (D)||114,103|
|Debra Leible (R)||19,008|
Listed below are the largest contributors to Duane's 2010 campaign.
|New York State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Duane's campaign in 2010|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$9,500|
|New York State United Teachers||$9,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$458,298|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Thomas Duane's 2008 campaign.
|Marc A. Altheim||$11,500|
|Human Rights Campaign New York State||$9,500|
|Winifred A. Duane||$9,500|
Duane has a partner, Luis Webre.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thomas + Duane + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Thomas Duane's personal website
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
Jose M. Serrano (D)