Thomas E. Wright
|Thomas E. Wright|
|Kansas Corporation Commission|
|May 23, 2007 - Present|
|March 15, 2014|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||May 23, 2007|
|Appointed by||Gov. Kathleen Sebelius|
|Bachelor's||Wichita State University (1961); Washburn University (1979)|
|J.D.||Washburn University School of Law (1964)|
|Place of birth||Harper, Kansas|
When he was first appointed to the Kansas Corporation Commission in 2007, Wright was a partner with Wright, Henson, Clark, Hutton, Mudrick & Gragson, LLP. He has served on the Washburn University Board of Regents, the Kansas Supreme Court Nominating Commission, the Governor's Gaming Commission and the Topeka-Shawnee County Consolidation Commission.
- Degree in mathematics, Wichita State University (1961)
- BA, German, Washburn University (1979)
- JD, Washburn University School of Law (1964)
Kansas Corporation Commission (2007-Present)
Sebelius stated, "In addition to his legal experience, Tom is committed to the goal of making Kansas a leader in energy security and independence, taking advantage of our vast opportunities with alternative energy sources and encouraging widespread conservation efforts throughout the state. Tom has served on several public boards and commissions, and has the leadership abilities needed to move this state in an exciting new direction."
Wright and his wife, Carole, live in Topeka. They have two children and five grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thomas + Wright + Kansas "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Week 14 rankings: Let the fantasy playoffs begin - USA TODAY
- Week 13 Grades: Bengals at Chargers - Bolts from the Blue
- KCC rejects Westar plan to disconnect some customers without last-chance visit - Kansas.com
- December First Friday shows focus on holiday gifts - Kansas City Star
- Seattle Seahawks Fans Cause Minor Earthquake (VIDEO) - Huffington Post UK
- Seth Davis: Battle 4 Atlantis offers progress report; Stan Van Gundy talks; more - SI.com
- Ted Thompson's Success: John Schneider and John Dorsey? - Total Packers
- Tuesday's Scores - Albany Times Union
- Barnes named SEK Offensive POY, Nickelson Coach of the Year - Pittsburg Morning Sun
- Week 13: Saints at Seahawks preview - CBSSports.com
|Kansas Corporation Commission
| Succeeded by|