|Connecticut State Senate District 13|
|1995 - 2011|
Gaffey was a member of the New England Board of Higher Education and the Meridian Democratic Town Committee.
Gaffey earned his B.A. from Southern Connecticut State University and attended the University of Virginia's Darden School for Emerging Political Leaders. His professional experience includes working as a Legislative Aide for House Speaker Irving J. Stolberg, Executive Aide for Governor William A. O'Neill, Assistant Clerk for the Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee, Public Relations Director for the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority, Executive Assistant to the Commissioner for the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection and Division Head of Recycling and Environmental Education for the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority.
Prior to leaving the senate, Gaffey served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Executive and Legislative Nominations Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Finance Committee, Connecticut Senate
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
Gaffey ran for re-election to the 13th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Len Suzio (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 13 General Election (2010)|
|Thomas Gaffey (D)||18,369|
|Len Suzio (R)||13,238|
|Connecticut State Senate, District 13 (2008)|
|Thomas Gaffey (D)||27,387|
|Tim Lenox (R)||10,543|
In 2008, Gaffey collected $100,632 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Connecticut Democratic Party||$303|
Gaffey and his wife, Kathleen, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Thomas + Gaffey + Connecticut + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut State Senate
- Connecticut Senate Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000 1998 1996
- Courant.com, "Sen. Thomas Gaffey Submits Resignation To Bysiewicz," January 05, 2011
- West Hartford Patch, "Feb. 18 the Deadline to Register to Vote in Special Election," January 20, 2011
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "2008 General Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed December 11, 2014
|Connecticut State Senate - District 13
| Succeeded by|
Len Suzio (R)