Thomas M. Gray, III
|Thomas Gray, III|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 4|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee-Knoxville|
Gray is an attorney licensed in both Tennessee and Virginia. He served as a Graduate Fellow with the Office of the Federal Public Defender in Abingdon, VA, before opening his own law office. In law school, Thom worked for the Reporter of Decisions for the Supreme Court of Virginia and interned for the Office of the Attorney General of Virginia in the Appellate Litigation department. Gray is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and Virginia State Bar. He has served two terms as a Circuit Representative for the Virginia State Bar’s Young Lawyers’ Conference.
Gray graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served on the Moot Court Board and as Chair of the Extramural Moot Court program. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, where he graduated summa cum laude. Thom also attended Elizabethton High School, T.A. Dugger Jr. High, and Harold McCormick Elementary School.
Gray's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Invest in our Human Capital"
- "Grow Business at Home"
- "Let Business Do Business"
- "Make a Tennessee High School Diploma Valuable Again"
- "Work With Our Teachers"
- "Expand Private and Home-Schooling Opportunities for Our Children"
- "No New Taxes"
- "Use Technology to Reduce Costs and Keep Government Open"
- "Keep Government Out of Our Lives"
Gray ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 4. Gray ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and was defeated by Kent Williams (Carter County Republican) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Independent||Kent Williams Incumbent||53.7%||11,473|
|Republican||Thomas Gray III||46.3%||9,887|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thomas + Gray + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Looking for a group to join? There are many in the area - TriCities.com
- Police Ticketing Scheme Could Save Considerable Cash - Huffington Post Canada
- After turning himself in, a Maryland fugitive reclaims a past he left behind ... - Washington Post
- Former Ohio University Lab Employee Stole Human Bones: Feds - Huffington Post
- Tusk Calendar: 12/13 - Tuscaloosa Magazine
- Melvin Hayes, 80, Has Car With Wife's Ashes In It Stolen - Huffington Post
- 2013-12-13T01:40:00Z Entertainment Calendar Twin Falls Times-News - Twin Falls Times-News
- Drunk Panhandler Said He Was State Trooper: Cops - Huffington Post
- Dupree Johnson Charged With 142 Felony Counts After Cop Sees His ... - Huffington Post (satire)
- There are many varied groups in the local region - TriCities.com
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |