Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Senate District 38|
|1999 - 2010|
|New York State Assembly|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Morahan was on the Clarkstown Zoning Board of Appeals. He then served in the New York State Assembly from 1980 to 1982. He also served in the Rockland County Legislature from 1977 to 1980 and again from 1984 to 1999. From 1996 to 1998, he was a Chairman. He was serving as Minority Policy Committee Chair when he died.
Morahan attended Rockland Community College. His professional experience included working for the New York Telephone from 1950 to 1990 and as a Community Relations Manager for Orange and Rockland Utilities from 1990 to 1996. Morahan was a Staff Sergeant in the United States Army.
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2008
Morahan raised $210,457 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 38 (2008)|
|Thomas Morahan (R)||84,886|
|Gregory Julian (D)||49,118|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Thomas Morahan's 2008 campaign.
|CMTE to Re-elect Senator Joseph Bruno||$9,500|
|New York State Correctional Officers||$5,600|
|Brooke G. Neidich||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Thomas + Morahan + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Times Herald Record, "Morahan says he won't seek another term," May 18, 2010
- Mid-Hudson News, "State Senator Morahan loses battle with leukemia," July 13, 2010
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 9, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns November 4, 2008," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 22, 2014
|New York Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |