|Virginia Senate District 3|
|1992 - Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||James Blair High School|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Military Institute|
|J.D.||Marshall Wythe School of Law|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
Norment attended James Blair High School in Williamsburg, Virginia and received a bachelor's degree from the Virginia Military Institute. Norment also received a J.D. from Marshall Wythe School of Law.
Norment is an attorney with Kaufman & Canoles.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Norment served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Labor Committee
- Courts of Justice, Chairman
- Rehabilitation and Social Services
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Norment served on the following committees:
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
On November 8, 2011, Norment won re-election to District 3 of the Virginia State Senate. He defeated Mark Frechette in the primary on August 23, 2011 and was unopposed in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
|Thomas Norment Incumbent||72.5%||11,225|
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2007
Norment raised $562,319 for his campaign.
|Virginia State Senate, District 3 (2007)|
|Thomas Norment (R)||9,669||95.09%|
In 2011, Norment received $784,428 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Thomas Norment's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$31,284|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$20,476|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$20,000|
|Virginia Dental Association||$16,340|
|Total Raised in 2011||$784,428|
|Total Votes received in 2011||11,225|
|Cost of each vote received||$69.88|
Listed below are Norment's top five campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$15,000|
|G. Gilmer Minor III||$15,000|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$13,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$11,884|
Norment was born in Richmond, Virginia on April 12, 1946. He is a member of the Bruton Parish Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thomas + Norment + Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia State Senate
- Virginia Senate Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- Thomas Norment's personal website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sen. Norment on State Surge
- Campaign contributions:2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 2011 General Election Official Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 6, 2007 General Election Official Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2007 Campaign contributions," accessed May 28, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
William Fears (D)
|Virginia Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|