|U.S. Senate, South Carolina|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Former state treasurer of South Carolina|
|Master's||University of South Carolina|
|Profession||Business owner/ Real estate developer|
is 2014 Independent
candidate seeking election to the U.S. Senate
from South Carolina
On April 7, Ravenel announced that he would run for Lindsey Graham
's Senate seat, if Graham won the nomination in the Republican
primary on June 10, 2014, which he did.
Ravenel said he is collecting the required signatures of 10,000 S.C. voters.
Ravenel earned a bachelor of science in business administration from The Citadel and an MBA from the University of South Carolina. In 1992, he founded Ravenel Development Corporation, a commercial real estate development company. In 2006, he was elected state treasurer of South Carolina but resigned in 2007 after pleading guilty to cocaine possession. He also starred on the reality TV show "Southern Charm" in 2014.
- See also: United States Senate elections in South Carolina, 2014
Ravenel is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, to represent South Carolina. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Thomas + Ravenel + South Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Thomas Ravenel News Feed
- ↑ The State, "EXCLUSIVE: That’s how the real Thomas Ravenel rolls," accessed April 22, 2014
- ↑ The State, "Thomas Ravenel eyes independent Senate run if Lindsey Graham wins GOP primary," accessed May 29, 2014
- ↑ The State, "‘Southern Charm’ star planning US Senate race against Graham," accessed June 26, 2014
- ↑ The State, "Ravenel makes US Senate run official," July 4, 2014
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Bravotv.com, "Thomas Ravenel - Bio," accessed July 8, 2014
- ↑ The Post and Courier, "Former S.C. state treasurer Thomas Ravenel arrested on drunk driving charges," July 22, 2013