Thompson School District Levy Increase (November 2011)
This measure was defeated in all three counties.
- YES 20 (28.17%)
- NO 51 (71.83%)
- YES 10,841 (39.36%)
- NO 16,702 (60.64%)
- YES 56 (32.18%)
- NO 118 (67.82%)
This measure sought to increase the current school levy in order to further pay for restoring school programs, teacher positions, class sizes and upgrading technology throughout the district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|SHALL THOMPSON SCHOOL DISTRICT R2‐J'S TAXES BE INCREASED $12.8 MILLION ANNUALLY (OR SUCH LESSER AMOUNT AS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION MAY ANNUALLY DETERMINE) TO BE DEPOSITED IN THE GENERAL FUND OF THE DISTRICT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES TO BE APPROVED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION WHICH SHALL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO: A. RESTORING AND SUPPORTING ACADEMIC PROGRAMS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATHEMATICS; B. RESTORING TEACHER AND CLASSROOM SUPPORT POSITIONS LOST DUE TO REDUCTIONS IN STATE FUNDING; C. MAINTAINING REASONABLE CLASS SIZES; AND D. PROVIDING EQUAL ACCESS TO CLASSROOM INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY DISTRICT‐WIDE|
- Boulder County Elections, Unofficial Election Results
- Larimer County Elections, Unofficial November Election Results
- Weld County Clerk, Unofficial Election Results
- Boulder County Elections, November Ballot Content
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Amendment 66