|Thyra K. Stevenson|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 6A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Lewiston City Council|
|High school||Lewiston High School|
|Bachelor's||English, Boston University|
|Master's||MA, Spanish, New York University, Madrid, Spain|
|Ph.D.||ABD, Latin American Literature, University of Washington|
|Service/branch||U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Aircraft Commander, Instructor Pilot & Flight Examiner|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stevenson served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agricultural Affairs|
|• Joint Finance-Appropriations|
Stevenson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic Opportunity
- Excerpt: "The economic climate is sputtering. I believe we must focus on policies that foster the expansion of Idaho-based companies, create new business, and encourage entrepreneurship and investment. More private-sector jobs, expanded tax base, more productivity: all these elements flourish when government does not get in the way, but rather facilitates a higher quality of economic life, free of excessive regulation."
- Strong Future
- Excerpt: "Education is key to Idaho's prosperity. We must continue to provide our citizens with quality educational opportunities. In addition, affordability and access to quality health care is a pressing need."
- Responsible Government
- Excerpt: "Idahoans are fortunate to live in a state that respects the importance of zero-based budgeting. Responsible fiscal planning and spending must continue."
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Dan Rudolph was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Thyra K. Stevenson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Rudolph will face Stevenson in the general election.
Stevenson won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 6A. Stevenson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Pete Gertonson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 6A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thyra K. Stevenson||54.2%||9,814|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Stevenson received a score of 102 points in the 2013 index, ranking 10th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Stevenson and her husband, Walt, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Thyra + Stevenson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Rep. Stevenson's website
- Campaign Website
- Personal LinkedIn page
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Thyra Stevenson, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
- Thyra Stevenson, "About Thyra," accessed October 12, 2012
Thomas Trail (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 6A
| Succeeded by|