|Former candidate for|
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 24|
|January 12, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Maryland House of Delegates|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland, College Park|
|J.D.||David A. Clarke School of Law, University of the District of Columbia|
|Date of birth||April 22, 1977|
|Place of birth||Washington, DC|
|Profession||Founder/Principal Attorney, Alston Law Office|
Alston earned her B.A. in Criminology and Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland, College Park and her J.D. from Columbia University. Her professional experience includes working as an attorney and founding her own law office.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Alston served on these committees:
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Erek Barron and incumbents Carolyn J.B. Howard and Michael L. Vaughn defeated incumbent Darren M. Swain, Tiffany Alston, Marva Jo Camp, Durand Adrian Ford, Greg Hall, Delaneo L. Miller and Phillip A. Raines in the Democratic primary, while Cy Okoro was unopposed in the Republican primary. Barron, Howard and Vaughn defeated Okoro for three seats in the general election.
Alston came in third in the September 14 primary, facing Clayton Aarons, Nancy Dixon-Saxon, Greg Hall, Carolyn Howard (incumbent), Sherry James-Strother, Michael Oputa, Byron Richardson, Michael Vaughn (incumbent) and Kenneth Williams. No Republicans filed for this seat.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 24 General Election (2010)|
|Tiffany Alston (D)||22,970|
|Carolyn Howard (D)||22,083|
|Michael Vaughn (D)||21,832|
In 2010, Alston raised $9,354 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|Parmley, Angela Moore||$1,500|
|State Employee Union||$1,000|
Alston is married and has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Tiffany + Alston + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Maryland House of Delegates District 24
January 12, 2011–2013
| Succeeded by|
Darren M. Swain (D)
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |