|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Dudley High School|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University|
McDaniel earned her B.S. in Agricultural Education and Environmental Science from the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in 1998, earned her M.S. in Agricultural Economics and Rural Development and is in a doctoral program at N.C. A&T. She will complete her Ph.D. coursework in Fall 2014 and will begin her dissertative research work in Spring 2015.
Her professional experience includes being the owner of a fashion company, an estate sale business, a wine shop, research scientist and consultant for Savannah River Site Nuclear Power Plant and Park Ranger for Shenandoah National Park.
McDaniel's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Legislative/Judicial/Political Bullying vs. Participatory Government and Transparency
- Excerpt: "The term "greater good" has been overshadowed or even willfully ignored as merely idealistic and in its place we have the emergence of endless imagined communities and political interest groups that are only interested in their own agendas often times with no thought or concern for other communities that are notably adjacent in proximity and culture to them. No fear...I'm here! Objectivity, transparency, rationale analysis from both an economic and social welfare perspective and all else toward the greater good of North Carolina is indeed a "platform" I willing to stand on."
- Excerpt: "Bullying not only is rampant in our public and even private schools but a suffocating cloud hovering over city employees and some officials, judicial employees and most officials, and even paralegals, secretaries, assistants, and lawyers alike. Accountability should be the standard not a laughable politically correct statement fed to the general public to enhance public relations or a measure of damage control in the event of social injustice."
- Excerpt: "Ethics must be a major implement of NC law and government. The antics of our state, municipal and county officials is deplorable and we have become the mockery of national precedence. Again I offer...no fear. Tigress is here! Historically and markedly so, I don't change my "political platform" with the change in endorsement winds, and I think it's safe to say that I am not exactly the easily discouraged and quickly defeated target for bullying- of any sort. All sarcasm aside, I believe that my life, academic and community experiences have afforded me an unmatched resolve, humility, aptness, fortitude that is sure to prove to be an immeasurably progressive asset to the City of Greensboro residents, North Carolina citizens, and even the United States of America in whole."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Ralph Johnson defeated Tigress McDaniel, Dan Koenig and Kerry Graves in the Democratic primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 58 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tigress + McDaniel + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 58
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Tigress McDaniel on Facebook
- Tigress McDaniel on Twitter
- Official campaign Twitter
- Tigress McDaniel on YouTube
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on September 19, 2014
- Facebook, "About Tigress McDaniel," accessed April 21, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Platform," accessed April 21, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |