|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 78|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Adetunji's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Families & Values
- Excerpt: "Principles that we once held in high esteem are constantly being threatened and are getting worse. For example, the definition of marriage and little regard to the most vulnerable, unborn children, the elderly and the disabled. I will take steps to protect them. I also believe that polices that promote cohabitation further destroys families and should be changed."
- Excerpt: "I will trumpet hard work and personal development and I am opposed to accepting defeat or a victim mentality. I also believe that early awareness of how businesses work is essential to opening the minds of our youth for future endeavors, which will prepare them for higher paying jobs, entrepreneurship and a better Alabama."
Collaboration in Education
- Excerpt: "I believe that there should be educational opportunities for each of them, regardless of their school zone. Each child should have a quality education with qualified and zealous teachers who places the student first coupled with the support of school administration and collaboration from parents."
- Excerpt: "The local city and county law enforcement departments both adhere to and carry out what has been legislated. Therefore, as a legislator I will work to ensure that Alabamians are protected and that law enforcement have clear and concise instructions."
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Alvin Holmes was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tijuana Adetunji was unopposed in the Republican primary. Holmes then defeated Adetunji in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 78, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Alvin Holmes Incumbent||72.5%||6,998|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tijuana + Adetunji + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House of Representatives District 78
- Alabama House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alabama State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Tijuana Adetunji on Facebook
- Tijuana Adetunji on Twitter
- tijuannaadetunji.com, "Issues," accessed September 19, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- AL.com, "Alabama 2014 general election: Results for statewide and congressional races," November 4, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|