|Governor of Oregon|
|Bachelor's||Portland State University|
Prior to recent health problems, Carr worked as President and CEO of a manufacturing firm. He received his B.A. in political science and business from Portland State University.
- B.A. in political science and business - Portland State University
- See also: Oregon gubernatorial election, 2014
|Governor of Oregon, Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Oregon Secretary of State Unofficial Election Results.|
On his website, Carr outlines several "Big Picture Issues" that work towards a vision of "Creating an environment where everyone benefits." They are:
- 1. Economic Prosperity: Attract (aka STEAL BUSINESSES) from other states by creating a 'business friendly' environment through Taxation Reform and Sensible Regulation Reform.
- 2. Education Strength: Prioritize budgets to ensure fiscal sustainability for public schools (K-12) and focused initiatives to promote Oregon's world class higher education facilities.
- 3. Government Spending: Develop a path to eliminate wasteful programs that take money away from Education, Public Safety, & Economic Development.
- 4. PERS (Public Employees Retirement System) Reform: Stop the debilitating effect of state and local government being strapped and strangled by PERS requirements.
- 5. Focus on Job Creation: Increase the number of people who will benefit from Oregon's Economic Prosperity through focused efforts to attract Job Creating business development.
- 6. Environmental Stewardship: Sensible solutions to create jobs without putting the environment at risk. I believe we can have both at the same time as long as we work together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tim + Carr + Oregon + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |