Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 83|
|Place of birth||Wichita, Kansas|
Garvey is involved in real estate, owning and managing a number of properties.
Garvey's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"In this time of financial turmoil and hardship, elected officials MUST make it a priority to help the citizens of Kansas. Our state has a spending problem, not a revenue problem."
- Excerpt:"Obamacare is not only a violation of the 1st Amendment and its guarantee of the separation between church and state, but a mandated tax that citizens of Kansas should not have to pay."
- Excerpt:"I believe the state wastes too much money on unnecessary employees, such as classroom supervisors, who are paid to sit in classes and monitor the performance of teachers."
- Excerpt:"Abortion should be 100% illegal in the state of Kansas. No funds should be allocated to organizations or companies that support and/or perform abortions."
- Excerpt:"I support the right to religious freedom and the separation of church and state, guaranteed to citizens in Section 7 of the Kansas Bill of Rights. I will fight to protect the religious freedoms of every person, regardless of religious affiliation."
Garvey ran in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 83. He defeated Rodney Wren in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Carolyn Bridges (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 83, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 83 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tim + Garvey + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Tim Garvey on Facebook
- Tim Garvey on Twitter
- "timgarvey4ks," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012