|Iowa State Senate District 38|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||5|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Iowa State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
|Place of birth||Keystone, IA|
Kapucian earned his B.S. in Animal Sciences from Iowa State University. His professional experience includes working as a livestock farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kapucian served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kapucian served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kapucian served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Local Government|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Kapucian ran for re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. Due to redistricting, he ran in District 38. Kapucian ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Shelley Parbs (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 38, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tim Kapucian Incumbent||54.8%||17,124|
On November 4, 2008, Kapucian was elected to the 20th District Seat in the Iowa State Senate, defeating Randy L. Braden (D). Kapucian raised $138,833 for his campaign, while Braden raised $198,324.
|Iowa State Senate, District 20 (2008)|
|Tim Kapucian (R)||15,527|
|Randy L. Braden (D)||13,916|
Comprehensive donor information for Kapucian is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Kapucian raised a total of $311,715 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Tim Kapucian's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 38||$163,307|
|2010||Iowa State Senate, District 20||$9,575|
|2008||Iowa State Senate, District 20||$138,833|
|Grand Total Raised||$311,715|
2012Kapucian won re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Kapucian raised a total of $163,307.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tim Kapucian's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$52,015|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$9,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$7,000|
|Brownell Iii, Frank||$5,000|
|Iowa Corn Growers Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$163,307|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2008 Kapucian collected $138,833 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$73,342|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$5,830|
|Tama County Republican Central Committee||$5,000|
Kapucian has a wife, Brenda.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tim + Kapucian + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Tim Kapucian
- Iowa Senate Republican Caucus Profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Des Moines Register, "Iowa Sen. Tim Kapucian endorses Rick Santorum for president," November 11, 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 17, 2012
- 2008 Iowa Election Results
- 2008 Money Raised, Iowa Candidates
- followthemoney.org, "Kapucian, Tim L," accessed September 19, 2013
- 2008 Contributions to Tim Kapucian
Tom Rielly (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Brad Zaun (R)