Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 7|
|High school||Daviess County|
|Bachelor's||United States Air Force Academy (1999)|
|Master's||University of Kentucky|
|J.D.||University of Kentucky College of Law (2007)|
|Years of service||1999-2004|
Kline served as an intelligence officer in the United States Air Force for five years. He is now a lawyer in Henderson, Kentucky.
Kline's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will vote in a pro-life way. I will vote for the ultrasound bill. I will also seek middle ground with those who disagree to make abortion less common. I will also seek ways to encourage adoption and foster parenting, so that every child the Commonwealth can have a home."
- Excerpt:"We should consider giving a tax credit to those who homeschool and those who send their kids to private or parochial schools. We should also open up extracurricular activities and sports at our public schools to such children, since their parents' tax dollars are funding those programs."
- Excerpt:"If we don't fix the system and it goes broke, retirees won't get the benefits they've earned."
- Excerpt:"As Kentucky becomes a place where businesses know they can thrive, they will come here and bring jobs with them. Each job will stimulate the economy and create a broader tax base, thus fixing some of the revenue issues we have in Frankfort. "
Kline ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 7. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by John Arnold, Jr. in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Arnold, Jr. Incumbent||50%||7,892|
Kline and his wife Elizabeth have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tim + Kline + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Tim Kline on Facebook
- "klinkeforkentucky," Official Campaign Website
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- Kentucky State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed May 6, 2014
- [http://www.facebook.com/KlineForKentucky/posts/352501831441865 Tim Kline for State Representative, "Press Release - Tim Kline Announces Candidacy for House District 11," January 26, 2012
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |