|Iowa State Senate, District 5|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 13, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
Kraayenbrink's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Strengthen our economy
- Excerpt: "Require responsible government spending of tax payers money"
- Excerpt: "Decrease government control and regulation"
Protect our values
- Excerpt: "Allow Iowans to be heard on key issues affecting them"
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Daryl Beall was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tim Kraayenbrink was unopposed in the Republican primary. Beall faced Kraayenbrink in the general election. Challenger Kraayenbrink defeated incumbent Beal in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 5 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Daryl Beall Incumbent||44.2%||9,801|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tim + Kraayenbrink + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Iowa State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Tim Kraayenbrink on Facebook
- kraayenbrinkiowasenate.com, "Issues," accessed September 24, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
Daryl Beall (D)
|Iowa State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|