Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Senate, District 16|
|Place of birth||Reedly, CA|
|Profession||Real estate agent|
Thiesen's professional experience includes working as a farming supervisor, owner of Tim Thiesen Farms and real estate agent with Guarantee Real Estate.
Thiesen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "The Sacramento politicians are at war with the Central Valley and it's time we fought back. We must cut taxes now and I will start with the $800 new business "start-up" tax. "
- Excerpt: "Our unemployment rate in the Central Valley is near 20 percent! The only way to get our economy back on track is by creating new jobs. We need to first reverse government over-regulation - starting with AB 32. "
- Excerpt: "Career politicians passed AB 32, which is job-killing environmental extremism at its worst. I will be the Valley voice in Sacramento and fight to repeal these restrictive regulations. "
- Excerpt: "Central Valley farmers need water to irrigate their crops, make a living and keep employees. It's time to turn the pumps back on and get the Central Valley farming again. Our families are more important than a fish - period. "
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
|California State Senate, District 16 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Tim Thiesen (R)||12,0000|
|Phillip D. Wyman (R)||11,359|
Thiesen and his wife, Barbara, have three children. They reside in Dinuba, California.
- Tim Thiesen's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California