Timothy Corcoran, II
|Timothy Corcoran, II|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Bennington 2-1|
|2003 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Voting record
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Corcoran earned his B.A. from Johnson State College in 1996. He works in manufacturing.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Corcoran served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Transportation, Ranking member|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Corcoran served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Corcoran served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Corcoran served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Bennington-2-1 has two state representatives. Incumbent Timothy Corcoran, II received 812 votes, Rachael Fields earned and 340 Jackie Kelly came in third place with 222 votes in the Democratic primary. Corcoran, II and Fields were unopposed in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Bennington-2-1 District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Timothy R. Corcoran, II Incumbent||58.5%||1,632|
|Vermont House of Representatives, Bennington-2-1 District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Timothy Corcoran II Incumbent||59.1%||812|
Corcoran won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Bennington 2-1. Corcoran was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won re-election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Corcoran won re-election to one of the two positions in the Bennington 2-1 District in 2010. He ran against Brian Campion (D), and Joseph Krawczyk, Jr. (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Bennington 2-1 General Election (2010)|
|Timothy Corcoran, II (D)||1,965|
|Brian Campion (D)||1,461|
|Joseph Krawczyk, Jr. (R)||1,120|
Comprehensive donor information for Corcoran is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Corcoran raised a total of $1,850 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Timothy Corcoran, II's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Bennington-2-1||$850|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Bennington-2-1||$1,000|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,850|
2012Corcoran won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Corcoran raised a total of $850.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Corcoran, II's campaign in 2012|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Salem, Justin P||$250|
|Railroad Association Of Vermont||$150|
|Total Raised in 2012||$850|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Corcoran was up for re-election, he collected $1,000 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Corcoran, II's campaign in 2010|
|Vermont Fuel Dealers Association||$250|
|Associated General Contractors Of Vermont||$200|
|Campaign Research Center||$200|
|Vermont Railroad Association||$150|
|Vermont Ski Areas Association||$100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
- Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on whether or not their votes aligned with VBSR’s stance on each policy.
- Vermont Conservation Voters: 2011-2012 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting records on environmental issues.
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on voting records on VPIRG-backed legislation to promote clean energy, reduce exposure to toxins, make health care more accessible and affordable and protect our democracy.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Corcoran voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Corcoran has a wife, Corrie Sargent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Timothy + Corcoran + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Corcoran II, Timothy R," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013