|North Carolina House of Representatives District 2|
Karan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "That smart growth = controlled growth with infrastructure and industrial/commercial expansion to support residential development."
- "That we must lay the foundation now for the future development of such services as enhanced public safety, education and expanded parks & recreation through the development of a Strategic Plan."
- "That improved communication between county and city officials is necessary to protect our counties rural character and prevent urban sprawl while allowing us to prosper."
- "That improved communication between boarder counties is key to the successful flow of commerce; especially during the development of the Falls Lake Rules. * that new technology must be embraced and exploited to its fullest."
Karan ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 2. He defeated Jon Gregory Bass in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Karan was defeated by W.A. Wilkins in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||W.A. Wilkins Incumbent||56.7%||20,398|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jon Gregory Bass||41.1%||1,969|
Karan and his wife, Liz, have one daughter, Madison.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Timothy + Karan + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Timothy Karan on Facebook
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |