|West Virginia House of Delegates District 19|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin|
|Bachelor's||Marshall University, 1970|
|Master's||School for Bank Administration at the University of Wisconsin|
Kinsey is a 1970 graduate of Marshall University and attended the School for Bank Administration at the University of Wisconsin. Kinsey was Regional Vice President at United Bank for 17 years, and subsequently was President of Lavalette State Bank before retiring.
Elections for the office of West Virginia House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 13, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 25, 2014. District 19 is represented by two delegates. Incumbent Don Perdue and Ken Hicks defeated incumbent Timothy Kinsey in the Democratic primary. Steve Marcum and Randy Tomblin were unopposed in the Republican primary. Perdue, Hicks, Marcum and Tomblin will face off in the general election.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Don Perdue Incumbent||39.7%||2,642|
|Timothy Kinsey Incumbent||21.2%||1,415|
Kinsey and his wife, Christie, have two children, T.R. and Andy.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the West Virginia State Legislature was in session from January 8 through March 10.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Don + Perdue + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia House of Representatives
- West Virginia House of Delegates Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- WSAZ, "W.Va. House Speaker Rick Thompson Stepping Down," May 16, 2013
- Office of the Governor Earl Ray Tomblin, "Governor Tomblin Appoints Timothy R. Kinsey to Represent the 19th District in the West Virginia House of Delegates," June 18, 2013
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Candidate search," accessed April 30, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results," accessed June 18, 2014
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |