Timothy M. Kennedy
|Timothy M. Kennedy|
|New York Senate District 63|
|2011 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Assistant Minority Whip|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New York Senate District 58|
|Birthday||October 20, 1976|
He previously represented District 58 in the New York State Senate from 2011 to 2013.
Kennedy earned both his bachelor's and master's degrees in Occupational Therapy from D'Youville College. His professional experience includes working as a licensed occupational therapist, serving as a county legislator for Erie County's second district, the chairman of the Economic Development Committee and as the vice-chairman of the Public Safety Committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kennedy served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business|
|• Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks and Recreation|
|• Energy and Telecommunications|
|• Higher Education|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kennedy served on these committees:
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Kennedy ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 63. He defeated Betty Jean Grant in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Kennedy was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Timothy M. Kennedy Incumbent||100%||82,458|
|New York State Senate, District 63 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Timothy Kennedy Incumbent||50.3%||11,587|
|Betty Jean Grant||49.7%||11,431|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Kennedy ran in the 2010 election for New York State Senate District 58. Kennedy defeated Jack Quinn (R) and William Stachowski (WF,IP) in the general election. Kennedy defeated incumbent William Stachowski, Thomas Casey, and Michael Kuzma in the September 18 Democratic primary. However, Stachowski, the incumbent, won the nominations of the Working Families Party and Independence Party.
Across the country in 2010, state senate elections were held in 43 states. 1,167 state senate seats were at stake. In all 1,167 state senate districts with an election in 2010, only 19 challengers (12 Democrats and 7 Republicans) defeated an incumbent state senator. Kennedy was one of the 12 Democratic challengers who defeated an incumbent Democratic state senator.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 58 (2010)|
|Timothy M. Kennedy (D)||42,757|
|Jack Quinn (R)||41,162|
|William Stachowski (Independence)||6,611|
Comprehensive donor information for Timothy Kennedy is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Timothy Kennedy raised a total of $1,943,812 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Timothy Kennedy's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Senate, District 63||$927,922|
|2010||New York State Senate, District 58||$1,015,890|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,943,812|
2012Timothy Kennedy won re-election to the New York State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Timothy Kennedy raised a total of $927,922.
|New York State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy M. Kennedy's campaign in 2012|
|Tishman Speyer Development||$16,800|
|Seneca, J Conrad||$16,800|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$16,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$16,300|
|Operating Engineers Local 17||$16,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$927,922|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Kennedy raised a total of $1,015,890 in campaign contributions.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Democratic Senate Campaign Cmte of New York||$279,300|
|Friends of Tim Kennedy||$71,349|
|Seneca, J Conrad||$15,500|
Kennedy and his spouse Katie have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Timothy + Kennedy + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kennedy Center Honors Salute Artists Obama Calls True to Selves - Businessweek
- The 'Grand Bargain' is over - Washington Post (blog)
- Mandela Memorial: Four British PMs To Attend - Sky News
- National Fuel settlement to bring refunds to customers - WBFO
- Today in History for December 7 - NBC 6 South Florida
- Republicans' Time for Choosing on Health Care - RealClearPolitics
- Mandela: S Africa Awaits World Leaders - Sky News
- Mandela: South Africa Awaits World Leaders - Sky News
- Obama Taps Phil Schiliro, Former Top Aide, To Work On Health Care Law - Huffington Post
- National Fuel to pay $7.5 million to settle 'excess earnings' issue - Buffalo News
- Senate website
- Official Project Vote Smart Bio
- Official Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Official facebook page
- Official twitter account
- Official youtube page
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Kennedy, Tim" Accessed September 23, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
|New York State Senate District 63
| Succeeded by|
William Stachowski (D)
|New York State Senate District 58
| Succeeded by|
Thomas O'Mara (R)