|Timothy R. Johns|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 31|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Johns served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Johns served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbents Timothy Johns and Fred Romkema were unopposed in the Republican primary. Johns and Romkema were unopposed in the general election.
Johns won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 31. Johns and incumbent Fred Romkema defeated Gary L. Coe and John E. Teupel in the Republican primary on June 5. No Democratic candidates filed for election. Johns and Romkema were unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Charles Turbiville (R) did not run for re-election due to term limits.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Fred W. Romkema Incumbent||31.4%||1,467|
|Timothy R. Johns||25.1%||1,169|
|John E. Teupel||23.1%||1,077|
|Gary L Coe||20.4%||952|
Comprehensive donor information for Timothy Johns is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Timothy Johns raised a total of $7,938 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Timothy Johns's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 31||$7,938|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,938|
2012Timothy Johns won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Timothy Johns raised a total of $7,938.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Timothy Johns's campaign in 2012|
|Johns, Timothy R||$3,268|
|South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association||$1,500|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,938|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Timothy + Johns + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 31
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Johns, Timothy R," accessed September 27, 2013
Charles Turbiville (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|