|New Mexico Senate District 32|
|1978 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||September 4, 1950|
|Place of birth||Roswell, NM|
On April 30, 2013, Jennings was appointed to serve on New Mexico's State Investment Council.
Jennings earned his B.S.B.A. from Creighton University in 1972. His professional experience includes working as a businessman and as a ranch manager since 1974.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jennings served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jennings served on these committees:
- Committees' Committee, New Mexico State Senate
- Indian and Cultural Affairs Committee, New Mexico Senate
- Rules Committee, New Mexico Senate
Jennings was the target of a lawsuit filed with the 5th Judicial District Court in Chaves County by Cliff R. Pirtle alleging Timothy Z. Jennings did not meet state petition requirements that say each petition must have the district number of the office they are seeking written on them. Jennings could have been taken off the ballot if his petitions were found to be in violation of the law. The ruling was in favor of Jennings and said there was no evidence of fraud.
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
|New Mexico State Senate, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cliff R. Pirtle||52.3%||5,930|
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2008
Jennings raised $80,426 for his campaign.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Timothy Jennings' 2008 campaign.
|New Mexico Medical Society||$7,000|
|Presbyterian Health Plan||$3,000|
|New Mexico Realtors Association||$2,500|
|Bank of America||$2,000|
Jennings and his wife, Patty, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Timothy + Jennings + New + Mexico + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996, 1992
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
- Associated Press, "Ex-legislator named to NM Investment Council," April 30, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Timothy Jennings," accessed December 18, 2014
- Roswell Daily Record, "Jennings' name to remain on primary ballot," accessed December 18, 2014(Archived)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2008 General Election results," accessed May 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on Timothy's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
|New Mexico State Senate District 32
| Succeeded by|
Cliff Pirtle (R)