For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A|
|2005 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Master's||University of Massachusetts at Amherst|
|J.D.||Boston University School of Law|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Liebling's professional experience includes working as an attorney in private practice, and a Legal Writing Instructor at the University of Minnesota Law School, as well as for the Cook County Public Defender's Office, and Southeast Minnesota Regional Legal Services.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Liebling served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Law|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Policy, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Liebling served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services Finance|
|• Health and Human Services Reform|
|• Judiciary Policy and Finance|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Liebling served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health Care and Human Services Policy and Oversight, Vice-chair|
Liebling's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We can create better economic opportunity by investing in worker training and keeping higher education affordable so that our workforce remains highly skilled and competitive."
Taxes and Economy
- Excerpt: "We need tax policies that are fair and transparent. We must bring tax fairness and fiscal responsibility back to Minnesota."
- Excerpt: "Our health care system—if it is a system at all—is enormously complex, so we must address the problems on many fronts."
- Excerpt: "Our state must take much bolder steps to protect this precious resource. We must insure that our schools and teachers get the resources they need to give all Minnesota students equal opportunities to succeed."
- Excerpt: "Public money should go to private enterprise only where the investment is truly for public, not private, benefit. In my view, the Vikings stadium proposals are great for the team owners but unfair to the taxpayer."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Tina Liebling was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Breanna Bly was unopposed in the Republican primary. Liebling defeated Bly in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Tina Liebling Incumbent||55.2%||6,244|
Liebling won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 26A. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Breanna Bly (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 26A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tina Liebling Incumbent||58.9%||10,484|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30A (2010)|
|Tina Liebling (DFL)||6,814||55.15%|
|Charlie O'Connell (R)||5,527||44.73%|
Tina Liebling raised $45,712 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 30A (2008)|
|Tina Liebling (DFL)||10,768||61.81%|
Comprehensive donor information for Liebling is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Liebling raised a total of $237,223 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Tina Liebling's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 26A||$39,915|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 30A||$34,993|
|2008||Minnesota House, District 30A||$45,712|
|2006||Minnesota House, District 30A||$50,269|
|2004||Minnesota House, District 30A||$38,762|
|2002||Minnesota House, District 30A||$27,572|
|Grand Total Raised||$237,223|
2012Liebling won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Liebling raised a total of $39,915.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tina Liebling's campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Democratic-Farmer-Labor Women||$500|
|Inter Faculty Organization||$500|
|Minnesota Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$39,915|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Liebling received $34,993 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Tina Liebling's campaign in 2010|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Minnesota Dental Association||$500|
|Inter Faculty Organization||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,993|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Tina Liebling's 2008 campaign.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from February 25 through May 19.
- Liberty Minnesota: 2014
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating "limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty."
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on pro-choice issues.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 8 to May 20.
- Americans for Prosperity Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored "on key votes on issues concerning economic freedom, which includes taxes, budgets and spending, health care and more."
- Minnesota Family Council: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to a socially conservative "pro-family" organization.
- Minnesota Majority: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "a wide range of issues including taxes, government spending, elections, childcare unionization, property rights and energy policy" per "the traditional values position."
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes of interest to an economically conservative organization.
- NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on votes regarding reproductive issues.
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Liebling is married with three children. She has been a member of the American Bar Association, League of Women Voters, Minnesota Bar Association, NAACP, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Olmsted County Bar Association, Rochester Chamber of Commerce, Rochester League of Women Voters, Rochester Rotary Club, and the University of Minnesota Alumni Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tina + Liebling + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Tina Liebling on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Liebling
- "tinaliebling," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 general election results," accessed November 5, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "All Races by Legislative District," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Liebling's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Liebling, Tina," accessed December 12, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed January 1, 2015
- Liberty Minnesota, "About Us," accessed July 25, 2014
- Americans for Prosperity, "2013 Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Family Council, "2013 Minnesota Family Council Legislative Scorecard," accessed July 26, 2014
- Minnesota Majority, "Scorecards," accessed July 26, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Kory Kath (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 26A
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State House District 30A
| Succeeded by|
Nick Zerwas (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |