|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 92|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Jonathan Stickland defeated Andy Cargile in the Republican primary. Tina Penney was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Strickland defeated Penney in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 92 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jonathan Stickland Incumbent||63.6%||21,976|
Penney's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Every child should have access to a quality public school education that includes:
- Universal pre-K.
- Reasonably-sized classes with well-trained, well-paid teachers.
- Vocational tracks in high school which incorporate internships and apprenticeships with local businesses."
- Excerpt: "Texans should be paid equal pay for equal work."
- Excerpt: "All Texans should have access to affordable health care – healthy Texans make for healthy communities and healthy Texans are able to work, support and raise their families and be contributing members of our communities."
- Excerpt: "Texans who have worked all their lives should have earned enough to have contributed to a retirement fund that enables them to retire with dignity and with economic security."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Tina + Penney + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- tinapenney.com, "Issues," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |