|U.S. House, Colorado, District 3|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, 2005|
|Master's||Colorado State University at Pueblo, 2008|
|Birthday||December 12, 1981|
|Place of birth||Vineland, CO|
Casida's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economic Comeback
- Excerpt: "A strong economy is built on a free economy. Freedom empowers everyone to create jobs, not just a select few in Washington, D.C. By getting Washington off the backs of entrepreneurs in Colorado, small businesses will flourish and strengthen local communities. As a small business owner, I understand that this nation became strong because of small businesses that were allowed to thrive."
- End the Fed
- Excerpt: "The Federal Reserve System is an unaccountable, unconstitutional, and unethical institution that manipulates the economy through monetary policy. The Federal Reserve is the primary cause to many of the nation’s problems. It allows for unsustainable debt and it is the culprit behind economic bubbles."
- Restore the Constitution and Liberty
- Excerpt: "I want to be your congresswoman to protect all of your liberties against unlawful government intrusions. Congress is out of control and someone needs to stop it."
- Defense of the United States
- Excerpt: "A strong national defense is necessary for any strong country. It should be one of the federal government’s main objectives. Our troops should know, however, that they will never be asked to put their lives on the line for anything other than defense of our citizens, Constitution, and country."
- Terrorism & National Security
- Excerpt: "There is no doubt that there are terrorists – enemies foreign and domestic – who desire to harm Americans, the capitalist enterprises that exist to create and build wealth, and the freedoms, liberties, and consumer products that are a part of our culture. Financial terrorism and economic warfare are of the greatest concern for our future."
Casida ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 3rd District. She ran as an Independent candidate. She was defeated by incumbent Scott Tipton (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Scott Tipton Incumbent||53.4%||185,291|
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Tisha + Casida + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.