Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 36|
|Associate's||Northern Virginia Community College|
|Profession||Construction business owner|
Munoz earned an associate's degree in Civil Engineering and Construction Management from Northern Virginia Community College. He is currently the owner of a small contruction business and serves on the Virginia Board of Housing and Community Development.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Munoz's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- End Programs that Foster Dependency
- Excerpt: "Government programs that seek to even the playing field actually promote dependency, not liberty."
- Lower Taxes, Less Spending
- Excerpt: "Government spending is out-of-control at every level – its time to get our priorities in order and change the way government treats our hard-earned tax dollars."
- Get Government Out of the Way
- Excerpt: "Overreaching big-government programs like Obamacare and the Cap & Trade schemes proposed by liberal bureaucrats in Washington will cripple our economy even further and put many more Americans out of work."
- Liberty and Freedom
- Excerpt: "Growing up in Colombia, having fought for liberty and freedom all his life, Tito believes stopping big- government takeovers is at the very core of achieving the American Dream."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Tito believes the Federal Government should enforce our immigration laws. However, if the Federal Government will not to do its job then Virginia has the right to protect its sovereignty."
- Create and Retain Jobs
- Excerpt: "As our State Senator, Conservative Republican Tito Munoz will work to bring in new jobs, retain the ones we have, and encourage small businesses to grow and expand."
- Improve Education for the Future
- Excerpt: "Tito knows that when decisions are made about education at the local level - by those who know best - better results can be achieved."
- Relieve Traffic Congestion
- Excerpt: "Now, as our State Senator, Tito Munoz will have true hands-on experience and he will be the right leader to find the kinds of solutions we need to fix this problem."
- End Dependence on Foreign Oil
- Excerpt: "Governor McDonnell and other supporters of energy independence are in need of more partners in Richmond to allow us to tap resources in Virginia and off our coastline, create jobs, generate investment and revenue, and send the federal government a clear message that we want the ability to control our own economic destiny in the Commonwealth."
- Protect our Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "Tito is 100% pro-life, believes in traditional marriage as between one man and one woman, and is a firm supporter of our Second Amendment rights."
Munoz has a wife, Deborah, and grown children.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Tito Munoz on Facebook
- Tito Munoz on Twitter
- Tito Munoz's YouTube channel