|Iowa State Senate District 29|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Western Illinois University|
|Birthday||March 29, 1965|
|Religion||Christian - Lutheran|
Bowman received his B.A. in Social Sciences and Education from Luther College and his M.A. in Education from Western Illinois University. His professional experience includes working as a teacher for the Maquoketa Community School District, coaching wrestling and football, and serving as president of the Maquoketa Area Education Association.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bowman served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa, Vice-chair|
|• State Government|
|• Transportation, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bowman served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Local Government|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Bowman faced candidates Brian Moore (729), Ed O'Neill (232) and Paul Feller (54). Bowman won the primary with 1,573 votes.
|Iowa State Senate, District 13 (2010) General Election|
|Tod Bowman (D)||10,017||50.2%|
|Andrew Naeve (R)||9,947||49.8%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 13 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Dix outlines these issues as his main concerns:
- Jobs - "New, better-paying jobs"
- Taxes - "Government reform and more accountability for our tax dollars"
- Education - "Restore full funding for pre-K through 12 education."
- Military families - "We need to make sure our men and women serving overseas are taken care of when they return and we must have safe communities in which to raise our families."
In 2010, Bowman raised $109,412 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$59,012|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Afscme Iowa Council 61||$2,204|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$2,000|
Bowman and his wife, Renee, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Tod + Bowman + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa State Senate - Sen. Tod Bowman
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Tod Bowman on Facebook
- Tod Bowman on YouTube
Nancy Boettger (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|
Kent Sorenson (R)