|Tennessee State Senate District 10|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee at Chattanooga|
|Profession||Financial consultant for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney|
Gardenhire received a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He is currently a Senior Vice President of Wealth Management at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gardenhire served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy, Agriculture and Natural Resources|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
Gardenhire ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee State Senate District 10. Gardenhire defeated Greg Vital in the August 2 Republican primary and defeated Andrae McGary (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee State Senate, District 10 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Gardenhire is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gardenhire raised a total of $332,775 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 20, 2013.
|Todd Gardenhire's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State Senate, District 10||$332,775|
|Grand Total Raised||$332,775|
2012Gardenhire won election to the Tennessee State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Gardenhire raised a total of $332,775.
|Tennessee State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Todd Gardenhire's campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Caucus||$32,418|
|Total Raised in 2012||$332,775|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Gardenhire and his wife, Sylvia, have three children and four grandchildren. They currently reside in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Todd + Gardenhire + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee State Senate
- Tennessee State Senate Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Todd Gardenhire on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
Andy Berke (D)
|Tennessee Senate District 10
| Succeeded by|